Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring

I love spring! It's the most wonderful time of the year, everything starts out new and fresh.  It sounds like we are in for a spring storm this Easter weekend with the possibility of some snow.  It wouldn't be the first time! 

Ryder and I watched The Passion a few evenings ago and even though I know the bible story of Easter, that movie really puts into perspective what Jesus did for us. The torture he went through is too much for me to fathom.  I know Ryder may be a little young for that much "gore", but it's pretty factual and I wanted him to understand what the Easter story means, and get a visual on what happened to our Lord and Saviour.  He watched very closely. He had some questions, but that is only normal for a 6 year old.  After the movie we read the story out of the book of Mark in his bible.  He listened oh so carefully.  What an awesome God we have to lay down his life for us.

My dad gave us one of his lily bulbs that he plants, and it is so beautifully blooming just in time for Easter!!

Our wheat is finally starting to pop up in our Easter craft. We made the tomb with a stone rolled away.  Ryder has been helping me keep it moist and checks on it daily to see it's progress.

Yesterday I made some easter eggs filled with jelly beans for Ryder to take to school for his classmates.  I saw the idea on the Silhouette blog.  They turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment