Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Back in time

There's a new song on the radio, and I absolutely love it.  It's called "springsteen" by Eric Church. You can listen to it here. I love the words to it as it 'takes me back.'  Just a few weeks ago Quay and I were listening to music and a song came on that was popular in high school and I said to him, "wow does this take me back!!"  Music is such a wonderful way to get lost in time.

This particular song though just makes me realize how simple life really was when I was 16-17-18. I started dating Quay when I was 15 years old, and I fell head over heels. {and I still am!!}  We had our ups and downs through high school, but we always migrated back to eachother, and here we are 18 years later with almost 12 years of marriage under our belt!  The words in this tune are just so in tune to what teenage life is like. I recall going to the lake, telling him not to go, carefree and just having fun without a worry, cruising back roads in his old truck, laughing, crying, getting into trouble, feeling like you are on top of the world and nothing and no one can stop you.  Oh what fun we had!!

We still have fun, but now we get to share it with this little wonder boy with a sparkle in his eye.  He is our everything. We are so blessed in our lives, but it seems when you 'grow up' that carefree feeling kind of disappears as the bills come and the stress of everyday life rears it's ugly head.  I have always said I would never want to go back to my high school days {I actually have nightmares about it sometimes!}, but wow-the worries then were so much simpler.

I try to take things one day at a time, but there are days when it feels like I have weeks worth on my mind.  I know God won't give me more than I can handle, and I guess if He does--that's why He's there for me.  I am at a point in my life where I know who I am and what I want out of life, and we are trying to get there one day at a time. It's not always easy, but no one ever said it would be. I have the 2 most incredible boys to help me along the way in this journey and I couldn't have asked for better companions to make it interesting.  This isn't quite the life I had thought I would have-but then again, maybe it is, because it's all I could have ever asked for......and more.

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment